E-MAIL TO DR SING DATED AUG 19, 2011
Hi Dr Sing
I would like to find out what is the estimated cost for breast tumor surgery? My dog is currently 10 years of age. And what mode of payment do you receive?
E-MAIL FROM DR SING DATED AUG 19, 2011
Thank you for email. Cost depends on number and size of tumours as this affects the time taken for surgery
My estimated cost/large tumour (>2.5 cm in diameter), without complications, will be as follows:
1. Sedation and general anaesthesia gas for the first 30 minutes around $200.
2. Additional $100 per 30-minute block of isoflurane and oxygen gas used.
2. Surgery - excision per tumour $150 - $200
3. Suture (absorbable) used x 1 packet, IV drip, antibiotics and painkiller injections estimated $110
4. Post-op oral antibiotics, painkillers, e-collar estimated $80
5. Complete blood test $150 is advised before surgery to know the health status of your dog and the risks involved.
The total is around $600 - $800 excluding blood test.
For small tumours, the time of surgery is usually <30 minutes and the cost is usually 50% lower. For massive tumours, the cost is usually 50% higher.
Payment by cash, nets, credit card and cheque.