Wednesday, March 13, 2013

1320. Update on the rat's nose lump

Dear Dr Sing,

Thank you for your email. I'm afraid I don't have better news for you. After his last course of Clavamox, the lump seems to be growing. It still feels relatively soft, but has indeed gotten larger.

Today would be his last course of steroids, would you prefer me to keep him on steroids until he sees you on Sunday?

I'm wondering if there was any signs of a tumour present when the site was cut open. I've also attached a few pictures of the lump taken recently.

Please do let me know what would be a good timing to bring Moo down for your assessment this Sunday.

Wishing you a good week ahead,

3 attachments — Download all attachments   View all images   Share all images  
gg 014.jpggg 014.jpg
1297K   View   Share   Download  
gg 015.jpggg 015.jpg
1958K   View   Share   Download  
gg 013.jpggg 013.jpg
1931K   View   Share   Download  
March 14, 2013
Kong Yuen Sing <99pups"">
6:55 AM (0 minutes ago)

Thank you for your email. Lump appear to be an abscess from your digital images. Will need to open the swelling to know what it really is and to take tissue samples for histopathology. In the previous surgery, the swelling was below the muscle and no biopsy or histology was done at that time.

Steroids to be discontinued before surgery on Sunday. Pl note that there may be a big wound after surgery. 

Surgery to lance the possible encapsulated abscess/haematoma/cyst and to remove the lump is my advice but you need to decide as there is the anaesthetic risk involved. Post-op surgical complications include bleeding and infections. Other than surgery, more oral medication is unlikely to be effective. Bring him in at 9.15 am and take him back at 4 pm on Sunday. No food or water after 10 pm the night below.

Best wishes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment